We are at our best when people with different backgrounds and experiences come together to produce great results for our clients.
Doing what is right. Our corporate responsibility defines who we are and how we do business. As a small business, we can choose the work we take on and focus on the issues that are important to you – and us. Lindahl Reed is committed to promoting a strong culture of social responsibility encompassing ethical values, community responsibility, sustainability, environmental protection, prudent use of natural resources, and economic advancement and employment.
We integrate corporate responsibility initiatives into our daily business practices, helping to strengthen communities while growing our business in socially responsible ways. We insist on the highest standards of integrity in all we do and have built an ownership culture based on transparency and trust. This assurance of fairness, openness, and honesty applies to our staff, partners, and clients. As a result, we are trusted and respected for our integrity and the high quality of everything that we do.
Our corporate responsibility is an extension of our mission: to advance a safer, healthier, and more resilient and sustainable world. We are taking action now to serve the long-term needs of our customers and employees while minimizing future impacts to the environment. We focus on specific causes or issues that reflect our professional expertise and the passions of our people.
These causes or issues are centered around the following three pillars of commitment, which include:
- Reduce the impacts of climate change
- Promote equality, diversity, and inclusiveness
- Build more stable communities
Lindahl Reed is committed to reducing the impacts of climate change from its operations. We are focused on reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions, increasing energy efficiency, conserving water, reducing waste, and using environmentally responsible products and technologies in our work. Our corporate goals for all operations include:
- Decreasing GHG emissions
- Increasing energy efficiency
- Reducing water use
- Reducing waste
By making our operations more sustainable, we improve our efficiency and competitiveness and reduce our environmental footprint, including the GHG emissions that contribute to climate change. Our corporate initiatives to reduce our footprint include:
- Purchase green products and services
- Use recycled content products
- Purchase energy efficient equipment
- Use water conserving products
- Promote re-use and recycling in all aspects of office operations
- Use environmentally preferable products, such as Biopreferred products, low- and non-toxic products, alternatives to ozone depleting products, and EPEAT registered electronics
GHG Emissions Measurement
- Measure direct (Scope 1) and indirect (Scope 2) GHG emissions
- Reduce Scope 3 emissions, including local and business travel and commuting (see below)
- Participate as a Climate Registered Member of The Climate Registry for reporting and verifying emissions
- Reduce travel by using conference calls and webinars
- Promote teleworking
- Incentivize employee commuting using mass transit and promote the use of alternative modes of transportation
- Support green vehicle fleet management, including biofuels and electric vehicles
Lindahl Reed’s actions will result in quantifiable reductions to our impact on the environment – our contribution to a sustainable future. We look forward to working toward a prosperous and sustainable future with our employees, customers, and communities.
People are at the center of what we do. We believe we are at our best when people with different backgrounds and experiences come together to produce great results for our clients. We are committed to providing a work environment that attracts, develops, and celebrates the professional success of every individual, while honoring differences of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, marital status, age, gender identity and expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected category. We hire, compensate, and promote employees based on skills, performance, and achievements, and we are open to diverse ideas that enable all of us to contribute our best.
We believe our commitment to a culture of equality, diversity, and inclusion increases staff engagement, allows for better decision making from a pool of diverse viewpoints, and heightens creativity and innovation. It is our differences, when fostered in an environment of respect, which enables us to solve complex problems, and enhances our competitive advantage.
We believe that our business can play a role in helping to address the local and global challenges to building a more resilient and sustainable world. Our role extends beyond donating money to communities. We also provide dedicated resources and business expertise that help develop communities and foster economic growth. As a result, we encourage and support our employees to care about and involve themselves in the communities where we work and live.